A virus is a program that can attach itself to other programs or data files and spread from one computer to another. Viruses are often written to exploit security holes in software, and they can cause extensive damage to systems and data.
There are many different types of viruses, and the methods that they use to spread can vary. Some viruses spread through email, while others spread through file sharing networks or infected websites.
It is important to keep your computer’s antivirus software up to date to help protect it from viruses. Antivirus software can detect and remove viruses from your computer.
What is a simple definition of a virus?
A virus is a small, infectious agent that replicates inside cells and typically causes disease. Viruses are made of genetic material, such as DNA or RNA, inside a protein coat. They can infect all types of organisms, from animals and plants to bacteria and archaea.
Viruses are not technically cells, but they are alive. They are too small to be seen with a microscope, and can only be detected and studied through their effects on the cells they infect.
There are many different types of viruses, and they can cause a wide range of diseases, from the common cold to AIDS. The best way to protect against viral infections is to get vaccinated.
What is computer virus and examples?
What is a computer virus?
A computer virus is a type of malicious software program that is designed to spread from one computer to another and to damage or disable computers. Viruses can be spread through email, downloads, and infected files.
Some of the most common types of computer viruses are:
– Worms: Worms are a type of virus that spreads through networks and infects computers. They can damage or disable computers, and can also be used to steal information.
– Trojan horses: Trojan horses are a type of virus that masquerades as a legitimate program but is actually a virus. When users install the program, the virus is installed as well and can damage or disable computers.
– Spyware: Spyware is a type of virus that is installed on computers without the users’ knowledge. It can gather information about users’ activities and send it to third parties. Spyware can also slow down computer performance and cause other problems.
– Ransomware: Ransomware is a type of virus that encrypts files on a computer and then demands a ransom be paid in order to decrypt the files.
How can you protect your computer from viruses?
There are a number of ways to protect your computer from viruses. Some of the most important are:
– Keep your computer up to date with the latest security patches.
– Install a good antivirus program and keep it up to date.
– Be careful about what programs you download and what files you open.
– Don’t open emails from unknown senders.
– Don’t click on links or download attachments from unknown emails.
– Use a firewall.
– Back up your files regularly.
What are the 3 types of viruses?
There are three types of viruses: bacteriophages, DNA viruses, and retroviruses.
Bacteriophages are viruses that infect bacteria. They are the most common type of virus, and there are many different types. Bacteriophages are very small, and they can only infect bacteria.
DNA viruses are viruses that infect cells and use the cells’ DNA to reproduce. There are many different types of DNA viruses, and they can infect all kinds of cells.
Retroviruses are a type of virus that infects cells and uses the cells’ DNA to reproduce. Retroviruses are the only type of virus that can infect cells and turn them into cancer cells.
What are 5 characteristics of viruses?
A virus is a small infectious agent that replicates inside cells and uses the cells to produce more viruses. Viruses cause a variety of diseases in humans, including the common cold, influenza, AIDS, and herpes.
There are many different types of viruses, but all share five characteristic features:
1. Viruses are very small. Most viruses are about one-hundredth the size of a bacterium.
2. Viruses are not cells. Viruses are composed of a protein coat and a core of genetic material.
3. Viruses cannot reproduce on their own. Viruses must invade a living cell and use the cell’s machinery to produce more viruses.
4. Viruses can only infect certain types of cells. Viruses are specific in their host range and can only infect certain types of cells.
5. Viruses have a simple structure. The protein coat and the core of genetic material are all that is needed for a virus to infect a cell and reproduce.
Who discovered virus?
The discovery of viruses is credited to Dutch scientist Dr. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, who in 1675 identified what he called “animalcules” in water taken from a stagnant ditch near his home. These “animalcules” were subsequently found to be the cause of diseases such as smallpox and chickenpox.
What are 7 types of computer virus?
Computer viruses are a type of malware that can infect a computer and cause damage. There are many different types of computer viruses, and they can cause a variety of different types of damage. In this article, we will discuss seven of the most common types of computer virus.
Ransomware is a type of computer virus that locks the victim’s computer and displays a message demanding payment in order to unlock it. Ransomware can be very damaging, and can even encrypt the victim’s files and make them inaccessible.
2. Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse is a type of computer virus that disguises itself as a harmless program in order to trick the victim into installing it. Once installed, the Trojan Horse virus can do a variety of different things, including stealing the victim’s data or passwords.
Worm is a type of computer virus that is capable of self-replication. Worms can spread quickly through a network, and can cause a lot of damage.
Spyware is a type of computer virus that is designed to spy on the victim’s activities. Spyware can track the victim’s browsing history, passwords, and even their conversations.
Adware is a type of computer virus that displays ads on the victim’s computer. Adware can be very frustrating and can slow down the victim’s computer.
A Botnet is a type of computer virus that turns the victim’s computer into a robot that is controlled by the virus author. Botnets can be used to carry out distributed denial-of-service attacks or to send spam.
Malware is a general term that refers to all types of malicious software, including computer viruses. Malware can be used to steal the victim’s data, passwords, or money.
As you can see, computer viruses can be very dangerous and can cause a lot of damage. It is important to be aware of the different types of viruses and to take steps to protect your computer.
What are the top 5 computer viruses?
In computing, a computer virus is a type of malware that propagates by inserting a copy of itself into and becoming part of another program. It can spread rapidly from one computer to another, and can erase or damage data.
A computer virus is a program that can copy itself and spread from one computer to another. It usually causes some kind of harm to the infected computer, such as deleting files or crashing the system.
There are many different types of computer viruses, but the most common ones are those that spread through email attachments, infected websites, or file-sharing networks.
Some common symptoms of a computer virus infection include system crashes, slowed performance, and the appearance of unexpected or malicious files or programs.
If you think your computer may be infected with a virus, you should run a virus scan using a trusted anti-virus program.